Assaf Harofeh Medical Center
Assaf Harofeh Medical Center is the third largest government hospital in Israel providing modern, comprehensive care to the residents of Rishon le Zion, Lod, Ramle and settlements along the "Old road to Jerusalem."
The hospital cares for an ever-growing population, estimated today at half a million. As well as the inhabitants of the area and soldiers in the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF), many patients seen at the Medical Center are new immigrants from Russia and Ethiopia,
- Read project updates on CHW's Official Blog- NEW!
- Read Dr. Karni's Dream
- Watch a video about Assaf Harofeh Medical Center
- Read Nitsa Begins a New Chapter
- View photos of Assaf Harofeh Medical Center
The hospital cares for an ever - growing population, estimated at 530,000 people. Many of the new patients seen at the Medical Center are from Russia and Ethiopia.
Since 1953, CHW has proudly supported projects, such as:
- Marion Mayman Vascular Surgery Department
- Rachel and Lazar Lapidus Ophthalmology Operating Wing
- Esther Matlow Ophthalmology Department
- Cecily Peters Diagnostic Imaging Center
- Mirial Small School of Nursing
- M. Fanny Comprehensive Breast Care Institute
- Sylvia and Lorne Cristall Cardiac Rehabilitation Unit