National Marketing Communications Manager – 18 Month Contract
Canadian Hadassah-WIZO (CHW) is an organization with a vibrant 100-year history. We are a non-political, non-partisan national network of dedicated volunteers and professionals who strongly believe that the advancement of childcare, education, healthcare, and women’s issues transcends politics, religion, and national boundaries. We are passionate about what we do, we support each other, and we work together as a team to meet our goals and succeed.
Reporting to the National Executive Director, the National Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for development and implementation of marketing, communications, and information technology strategies for the organization. This includes a wide range of activities, including fundraising campaigns, organizational communication, social media, intranet and web properties, as well as project management of these properties.
Please note: this is an 18-month maternity leave contract.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop and implement Marketing Communication strategies into CHW operations, ensuring that CHW’s strategic goals are aligned across all platforms and distribution vehicles. Monitor effectiveness and trends, ensure message accuracy, analyze, and apply market research.
- Responsible for planning, designing, executing organization’s annual and special campaigns, including direct mail and email solicitations, this includes owning the creative process and copywriting.
- Oversee and maintain Corporate Branding guidelines (Brand Standards) to ensure that all print, web, and display materials appropriately convey the CHW visual brand.
- Create concept and overall graphic design copy of marketing communications materials and/or elements. Will have additional role of Managing Editor for the organization’s membership magazine, ORAH, including production and layout.
- Prepare copy for all communications (national magazine, e-newsletters, memos, brochures, campaigns, website, advertising, etc.), and edit all materials before they are sent out (internally and externally). Includes interviewing and content marketing.
- Develop, coordinate, and oversee resource materials and technical assistance to assist Centres/Chapters in marketing communications and positioning of their activities. Provide counsel to Centres/Chapters on marketing communications.
- Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing communications department, as well as information technology requirements and activities, monitoring progress and adhering to targets and deadlines.
- Identify and project manage key e-commerce/web strategies, as well as hardware/software system requirements, with external partners for CHW Information Technology support and web development.
- Research, identify and oversee grant opportunities to increase philanthropic funding of organizational needs and platforms.
- Proactively seek media coverage for newsworthy initiatives. Develop press releases, fact sheets, and backgrounders. Maintain advertising schedule and submit CHW promotional materials, including ads. Develop media contacts; coordinate interviews for print and radio.
- Write speeches and other messages from Professional Forum and Board of Directors.
- Oversee workings of marketing team, including Graphic Designer/Videographer and Marketing Coordinator, ensuring all marketing projects are on schedule and all deadlines are being met.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Communications/Marketing;
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in communications; nonprofit experience a plus;
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge and Blackbaud is considered an asset;
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite;
- Proficiency with Google Analytics;
- Ability to pay superb attention to detail and use good judgement;
- Superior writing/editing, research, and verbal communications skills, experience with creative writing, proofreading, and copyediting;
- Ability to work effectively and exercise sound judgement with all levels of volunteers, staff, committee members, and the general public
- Must be a strong team player with proven ability to work well within diverse groups, as well as independently;
- High level of computer literacy including proficiency in MS Office;
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment, and use grace and tact under pressure;
- Ability to develop timelines, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects concurrently
- Experience developing and implementing strategic communications plans to increase visibility and opportunity for organizations;
- Enthusiasm for the CHW mission, vision, and values
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to Rebecca Bowslaugh, Marketing Communications Manager at email@example.com. Please indicate “National Marketing Communications Manager” in your application.
Please note this position is located at CHW National Office: 638A Sheppard Ave West.
*No phone calls please.
Job type: Contract