Legacy Circle – Connect With Your Roots
“…In whatever part you play, be remembered as part of a legacy… of sharing dreams and changing humanity for the better. It’s that legacy that never dies.” – Anonymous
We know you share our vision of a better world. As your partner in philanthropy, CHW can help turn your vision into reality. It starts now and continues with the legacy you leave behind.
It is a seed you plant today that grows into something strong, something that will help make a difference in the lives of so many women and children in need. CHW funds several programs and projects supporting healthcare, education and social services which benefit women and children in Israel and Canada.
Through the lasting friendships you built over the years with CHW, and our vital projects that have touched your life, together we become part of your extended family.
Consider a planned gift to enjoy significant tax and financial advantages while providing financial security for our projects in Israel to sustain them for generations to come.
To learn more about tax benefits, please enjoy our complimentary Family Legacy webinar with Mark Halpern, Certified Financial Planner, Trust & Estate Practitioner, Master Financial Advisor-Philanthropy, CEO of WEALTHinsurance.com, and fellow CHW supporter. WATCH HERE.
Did you know that leaving a gift to CHW in your will can significantly reduce your taxes during your lifetime, while decreasing the estate tax burden for your heirs? Making a planned gift to CHW allows you to take care of your extended CHW family, while still ensuring the future of your loved ones.
The Different Ways to Leave a Planned Gift:
A planned gift to CHW can be made in one or more of the following ways:
- A bequest of cash, securities, real estate, art, or other property
- A designation of CHW as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy, RRSP, RRIF or a Charitable Insured Annuity
- Gift of residual interest
- Creation of a charitable remainder trust or a donor-advised trust
The Recognition You Will Receive:
The CHW Legacy Circle honours and recognizes those who have included CHW in their estate plans in the following ways:
- During and after your lifetime, your name will be listed as a member of our Legacy Circle
- A fruit bearing tree will be planted at one of our youth villages in your memory, providing sustainability, sustenance, and financial security. The roots of your tree will connect your memory with our Israeli homeland and the legacy you created at CHW.
- On the anniversary of your passing (Yahrzeit) a prayer will be chanted in your memory each year, in the Abbell Synagogue at the Hadassah University Medical Center surrounded by the beautiful Chagall Windows
- Sharing your testimonial in ORAH to encourage others to join our Legacy Circle
- A Legacy Circle pin to wear with pride
Your giving lives on by changing lives, providing hope, and building futures.
Including CHW in your will or purchasing an insurance policy is simple. It is important that Canadian Hadassah-WIZO be named as a beneficiary using our legal name: Hadassah-WIZO Organization of Canada. Should you require further information, require wording, or if you have already planned a gift for CHW and would like to join our Legacy Circle, please contact Lisa Colt Kotler, CEO at 1-855-477-5964 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are pleased to share personal stories from those who have joined the CHW Legacy Circle, as featured in the ORAH (CHW’s National Magazine), below:
|Anonymous (13)||Marcia & Bernie Glick|
|Freda Abugov||Lila Goldin z”l|
|Luba Allen||Claudia L. Goldman|
|Debbie Baylin||Gina Grant|
|Bonnie Belzberg||Sharon Grossman|
|Gloria Burnett||Roslyn Joseph|
|Robin Chernick||Sharon Kroft|
|Sandra Chernoff||Beatrice B. Krupp z”l|
|Helen Cohen||Judith Levine z”l|
|Miriam Cooper||Rochelle Levinson|
|Ruth Cooperstock||Marilyn Libin|
|Bev Corber||Evelyn Thaw Maizen|
|Shirley Croll||Lorraine Martin|
|Marla Dan||Esther Matlow z”l|
|Joanne T. Emerman||Eunice C. Mouckley z”l|
|Karen Farkas||Sylvia M. Pollock z”l|
|Margaret Farkas||Bea Schachter|
|Shelley Fine||Brondell Shapiro|
|Cynthia Flower||Jackeline Sheiner z”l|
|Sharon Flower z”l||Judy Silver|
|Ruth Freeman||Carol Lou Spiegel|
|Corinne & Mark Gelfer||Julie Spira, In Memory of Elizabeth z”l & Leslie H|
|Lynn Gillman||Martha Vajda z”l|